Saturday, June 13, 2009

My Response to Ashley

Her Post:
I've recently really gotten into watching the show John and Kate plus 8. I was watching one of the reruns the other night with one of my friends and the episode showed something that is commonly thought of as a "womans job". In this particular episode, John was going to cook dinner for the entire family. Kate was so nervous and kept freaking out saying she didn't want him in 'her' kitchen. Many people always think that the mother/wife should cook the meals. I know in my family my mother usually cooks our meals. It's very rare for my father to do so. Many other families I know are the same way, the women cook the meals. I thought it was a really nice episode when John cooked for the family. I think more men should cook for their families. And I also feel that the wives should allow them to without making comments. I think it's nice to take turns in the kitchen because that's how families should work. Everyone should work together. And who knows, maybe the men can actually cook better then the women!

My Response:
While growing up my mom always cooked dinner everynight for the family and cooked most of the time. On the weekends when my dad had off work my dad would cook the family breakfast to give my mom some time "off". And I always thought this way.
But now my boyfriend LOVES to cook and when I first found out I thought it was so wierd. For Christmas 2 years ago his mom bought him cooking lessons and my first thought was "Your gay". But he loves them, and hes still been taking them on and off for a while now. And he broke my thought process of traditional views in the kitchen. ( I think it helps that he is a really good cook) And a few months ago we took a class togehter on how to make pizza and it was so much fun and I really dont know why I ever thought that way before.

No comments:

Post a Comment